Call for Abstracts
DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY, 4 MARCH 2022 AT 17.00 CET
EHMA is pleased to launch the Call for Abstracts for the EHMA 2022 Annual Conference.
Participate in the EHMA 2022 Annual Conference by sharing your research with the full health management ecosystem.
Submit your abstract by Friday, 4 March 2022 at 17.00 CET.
EHMA 2022 gives you the opportunity to showcase your work to a wide audience of academia, researchers, health managers, healthcare professionals and policy and decision-makers from Europe and beyond. By presenting your abstract, you will highlight best practices and share innovative ideas and knowledge in health management with leading experts in the field. Your research will be fundamental to identify and discuss and address current and future needs of health management in Europe and worldwide.
You may submit your abstract for an oral presentation or a poster presentation. Do not miss the opportunity to take part in the preeminent European conference on health management.
Please do read the following submission guidelines thoroughly. You can also download them in PDF format here.
For any additional questions, please contact EHMA Events Officer, Chiara Gonzi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline & Submission
Abstracts must be submitted by Friday, 4 March 2022 at 17.00 CET. Authors can edit their abstracts until the submission deadline. No further changes will be accepted after that date.
All submissions must be made online on the abstract submission platform. Abstracts submitted in any other way will not be accepted. For any issues with the online platform, please email email@example.com
All documents must be submitted and presented in English. It is the authors’ responsibility to submit a correct abstract (grammatically and scientifically).
Type of presentation
Abstracts may be submitted for either:
- Oral presentation
- Karolinska MMC/EHMA Research Award (PhD Award)*.
At the moment of submission, authors may indicate their preference for one or the other type of presentation. However, please note that the final decision on the acceptance of your abstract, as well as the type of presentation, lies with the Abstract Review Committee.
* For submission under the Karolinska MMC/EHMA Research Award (PhD Award) please read the specific guidelines in the next tab.
EHMA 2022 topics
EHMA 2022’s theme is ‘From people to systems: leadership for a sustainable future’ and we invite authors to submit abstracts within one of the conference topics.
- People-centred systems
- Managing the digital transformation
- Workforce of the future
- Shaping sustainable systems
- Improving healthcare access, delivery, and outcomes
These topics will be discussed through the lenses of the conference tracks listed below. Additional information on the tracks and topics is provided in the submission guidelines here.
The tracks are fixed titles that reflect the holistic practice of health management, and frame the lenses through which contemporary topics are analysed and discussed at the conference:
- Governance and leadership
- Management, operations, and practice
- Finance and economics
- Policy and regulation
Additional information on the tracks and topics is provided in the submission guidelines here.
Abstracts can be submitted either as:
- a short paper (max 450 words)
- an abstract (max 550 words), divided in:
- Context: max 100 words
- Methods: max 150 words
- Results: max 150 words
- Discussion: max 150 words
Only the main author or a co-author may present the abstract. The presenting author must be clearly marked on the submission form. Please do provide up-to-date contact details, as those will be used for any communications related to the Conference and your presentation.
Any changes in the presenter or their contact details must be communicated as soon as possible to EHMA by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All abstracts will be graded following the criteria below:
- State of Completion: The abstract must show substantial results indicating that the work has been or is nearly completed.
- Novelty: The abstract must show innovative information, cutting-edge results, or present a new topic or application in the field of interest; it should be attractive and provocative for a discussion with the audience.
- Advancement of field: The abstract should present a significant contribution to the field, and the authors must specify how the paper will contribute to the development of global knowledge.
- Quality: The quality of an abstract will be considered indicative of the quality of the final presentation by the reviewers. Authors should prepare their abstracts with care, assuring that the reader will understand the background of the issue(s) and the objectives of the presentation.
- Relevance: Abstracts must be concise and coherent, and the focus of the abstract and its relevance to an international audience should be stated clearly.
Abstract review process
Abstracts are reviewed by an independent committee. The EHMA Board and Secretariat have no saying in the selection of abstracts.
Notification of results
All abstract submitters will be notified of the outcome via email by Wednesday, 16 March 2022. The email will contain information on:
- Acceptance or rejection of the abstract
- Type of presentation (oral or poster)
- Details on your presentation (poster size; length of presentation; PPT template; etc.)
The exact date and time of the assigned session will be communicated by Wednesday, 23 March 2022.
Registration for the Conference
Abstract and poster presenters must register for the EHMA 2022 Conference by 25 March 2022 selecting the applicable fee (early bird member, early bird non-member, PhD student). EHMA does not guarantee to presenters who register after said date that their abstracts will be included in the conference publications, including the Abstract book and conference program.
Abstract presenters are strongly encouraged to attend the EHMA 2022 Conference in person to make the most of this vibrant gathering and networking opportunities. All sessions will take place in the Brussels time zone and adjustments to accommodate to your time zone may be difficult to make. We constantly monitor the standing COVID-19 regulations to ensure the safety of all. If you are concerned about our reimbursement policy, please do refer to our Terms of Service and do not hesitate to reach out to the EHMA Secretariat at email@example.com.
All presenters must register via the online Registration System on www.ehmaconf2022.wpengine.com.
All abstracts accepted and presented at the EHMA Conference are eligible for the following awards:
- Best European Paper
- Best non-European Paper
- Best Poster
The abstracts will be evaluated by an independent jury panel which will assess the scientific basis of the research, as well as its presentation. The Awards will be assigned to the abstracts which have the clearest and most innovative presentation, as well as a strong science background. The authors will receive the awards during the Closing Plenary.